A Project Controller (PC) is responsible for working within all stages of project management. Their primary role is to work closely with the Project Director/Leader to ensure that all budgeting, scheduling, forecasting and coordination processes are followed, and that all contract requirements are adhered to.
Monitor the progress of projects to ensure delivery within the agreed timeframes and budget and generate progress reports to the Project/Business leaders. PC to also make suggestions for improvements to project operations as required, and to report to the Project Director and Project Leader.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities are to ensure Contract compliance and timely and cost-efficient completion of projects through the undertaking of following duties:
Project Management – Project Set Up/Progress and Compliance
- Ensure project is set up in accordance with RBG processes to include work winning and fee proposals.
- Ensure Financial, Commercial, Project and Contract compliance, to include external suppliers with RBG procedures
- Monitor and evaluate projects through the lifecycle and ensure client requirements are being fulfilled, to include programming and invoicing.
Project Budgeting /Forecasting and Scheduling
- Monitor project forecasts versus budgets and programme
- Cost Management to include external suppliers
- Data Validation and assess data trends
- Undertake Data management, review, and collation to prepare Project/Business Reporting
Demonstratable Skills Required
- Possess strong analytical, problem-solving, organisational, and written/oral communication skills.
- Be detail-oriented and meet deadlines, ability to work independently as required.
- Possess interpersonal skills and must be able to multi-task.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with diverse working groups ie managers, subcontractors, consultants and other professionals.
- Microsoft Office applications – Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Microsoft Project
- Financial Management software – Proficient in the use of appropriate Financial Management software.
Professional Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, business administration, finance, or accounting
- 4+ Years’ experience of project administration
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred
Please attach a CV and cover letter.
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.