Stage One of the multi-level international terminal car park was won and constructed under a design and construct contract. The solution developed by RBG and Laing O’Rourke team resulted in the early delivery of the car park, with the option to extend for future needs.
Extensive works and re-planning within the existing 399 Bourke retail zone were required with the design team to ensure the structural integrity of the existing structure was maintained and the client’s expectations realised.
- The lessons learnt on the domestic terminal car park were adopted on the international car park.
- The scheme has provision built in to allow for future expansion of two additional levels.
- The scheme utilises an efficient post tensioned one-way slab and beam design, which minimised weight and saved on the foundation cost.
- The steel roof features an exposed “tree structure” on the primary elevations which reflects the architecture of the international terminal building.
Expected completion 2007
- Total Area: Approx. 46,000m2
- 5 Levels + provision for 2 future levels
- 1,700 undercover car park
Laing O’Rourke & Brisbane Airport Corporation
BVN & ML Design
Robert Bird Group Services: