Arranged over six hectares, this recently completed development for Frasers Property Group is one of Sydney’s most prestigious urban residential addresses. The design emphasis was to create a green and sustainable urban environment that integrates both private and public spaces and amenities. It features the tallest “green walls” in the world.
The east tower (by Jean Nouvel) features a dramatic 42-meter cantilever with a ‘heliostat’ light reflection system supported by steel frames, to bounce light into the apartments and retail space beneath the cantilever. Robert Bird Group was responsible for all structural engineering within this project. The project has a Greenstar 5 building rating.
Levels: 35 + 5 Basements
5 Star Greenstar Building Precinct
Frasers Property group + Sekisui House
Atelier Jean Nouvel
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.