Robert Bird Group is the structural consultant working equally with Leslie E. Robertson Associates on the new 644m+, 118-storey HQ for PNB in Kuala Lumpur. RBG assisted from the bid phase and was selected after tender from a list of international structural consultants. The project comprises a main tower with approximately 80 levels of office space with hotel and apartments above.
PNB Merdeka Ventures
Fender Katsalidis Architects
Robert Bird Group Services:
Structural consultant in conjunction with
Leslie E Robertson Associates
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.