Rajmahal Theatre, the opulent theatre set in the heart and soul of Dubai Parks and Resorts has a capacity of 856 seats. This landmark structure has all the grandeur and poise of ancient Indian cinema with new-age technology.
RBG was responsible for the full structural design from Concept to IFC including some site involvement. Aside from the long-span structures and the many special structural features the design required a high level of coordination between many specialist disciplines which the team delivered seamlessly.
USD $ 70 Million
Year Start / Completed:
2013 – 2015
Total Area: 7,000m²,
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.