This project included the design of 3,000 m2 of warehouse with an internal 25m span, 15 tonne gantry crane. The project also includes approximately 1,000m2 of oﬃce at the front split over 2 levels.
The projects detailed design and looked to maximise the internal spans whilst maintaining low total tonnage of steel.
The precast panels are utilised as façade panels rather than load bearing so as to keep the panel thickness down over the 17m building height.
Design Management Group
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.