Employment Type Full-time
A member of the Surbana Jurong Group, Robert Bird Group (RBG) is an international structural, civil, and specialist engineering consultancy business built upon delivering structural and civil engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions.
Our team has engineered some of the largest and most complex projects, such as Brisbane’s Cross River Rail, Queens Wharf, Crown Sydney, and the award-winning Adelaide Oval redevelopment.
Reporting to the Senior Project Controller and Office Manager, this role will see you working across a diverse range of functions, encompassing elements of administration, events management, and reception.
You will play an essential role in our visitor experience and will also lead our social activities for our team, contributing to a positive working culture. Day-to-day, this role will also see you provide critical administrative support for the Brisbane team.
Other key aspects of your role include:
- Welcoming visitors and attending to enquiries, both in person and via phone
- Providing support to the office on project requirements
- Coordinating and maintaining meeting room booking systems
- Ensuring the office, including kitchens and meeting rooms are kept in a clean and welcoming manner, with all consumables stocked
- Preparing, processing, and distributing incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries
- Allocation and management of parking or security passes needs
- Ordering of catering, stationery, kitchen consumables, etc.
- Providing ad hoc administrative support to the Office Manager and technical teams
Why work for us?
RBG offers a collaborative and engaging environment, as our people are core to our business; we believe diverse and effective teams of individuals are key to our success.
We offer access to learning & development, paid birthday leave, paid parental leave, various financial and health/wellbeing benefits, recognition awards, and an active and social team environment.
Skills & Experience
You will bring a positive and vibrant can-do attitude with the ability to communicate with stakeholders from all levels effectively.
In addition, you will have:
- Experience to date working in a professional environment
- Excellent communication skills, friendly, approachable, and reliable
- Experience dealing with external visitors/callers
- Ability to use initiative to solve problems
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to balance workload and prioritise accordingly
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to be hands-on
- Beginner to intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and Adobe (preferred)
- Creativity and the innate desire and ability to lead social events from time to time
If you seek a career that offers variety and a collaborative and continuous learning working environment, we want to hear from you!
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input.
Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.