Employment Type Full-time
Robert Bird Group is a global engineering consulting firm committed to delivering each client’s vision through ‘the relentless pursuit of engineering excellence’ across all projects.
We deliver proven ‘design for delivery’ results, providing engineering solutions and construction methodologies for complex construction challenges on some of the world’s largest, highest-profile, and most complex built-form projects.
Our team have engineered and continue to deliver iconic projects such as Cross River Rail, North East Link and various Sydney Metro stations – City & Southwest and Western Sydney Airport projects and integrated station developments.
Investing in the future of engineering:
We are investing heavily in new forms of engineering delivery, to include 4D BIM digital rehearsals using our Unity-based Reveal platform. Integrated with our BIM, analysis, and Synchro programming tools, this is redefining the way clients and contractors plan and deliver their projects.
Likewise, we are committed to fostering exceptional engineering talent who share our dedication to environmentally responsible design.
Due to further project wins, an exciting full-time opportunity exists for a Senior Associate with infrastructure design experience to join our team in North Sydney. Working with a highly skilled team, you’ll have opportunity to play a lead role assisting us to successfully deliver current and other future projects while continuing to support RBG’s reputation for innovation, technical excellence, quality, and project delivery.
Why work with us?
RBG provides frequent opportunities for professional development and the chance to learn directly from our dedicated team of leaders, technical experts, and the specialist engineers of our global business.
We offer access to landmark projects, ongoing development in both technical and leadership skills, a variety of leave benefits such as paid parental leave, birthday leave and purchased leave options, financial and health/well-being benefits, paid professional membership, recognition awards, dynamic leadership, and a collaborative team environment.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Proactive toward career development and continuous learning
- Committed to quality and agile in project delivery
- Experienced in a wide variety of project work (buildings & infrastructure)
- Able to establish new and repeat clients and business
- Delivers profitable projects that meet client expectations
- Experienced in fee proposal development and variation negotiation
- Competent in project team resourcing and workload coordination
- Effective in developing staff through mentoring, training, and support.
The successful applicant will have:
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar Structural Engineering role
- Experienced in leading the delivery of large-scale and complex projects
- Infrastructure sector design focus
- Steel and reinforced concrete design experience
- The ability to project manage, guide, and develop team members, and be client-facing
- Excellent communication skills with a proactive approach
- Relevant academic qualifications and CPEng
We are a highly motivated, energetic, and proactive team. If you are seeking engineering career challenges, a variety of work, recognition for achievement and a collaborative continuous learning working environment, we want to hear from you!
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.