Employment Type Full-time
A member of the Surbana Jurong Group, Robert Bird Group (RBG) is an international structural, civil, and specialist engineering consultancy business built upon delivering structural and civil engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions.
Our Civil Engineering team provides expert design services from concept and planning through detailed design to construction and maintenance and ongoing management and advice for the project’s operating life. Our team specialises in a diverse range of projects including public infrastructure, masterplanning, renewable energy, and private funded developments.
An exciting full-time opportunity exists for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our Civil Infrastructure team based in our North Sydney office. This role will include active leadership and participation in the design and delivery of documentation for diverse civil and infrastructure projects in NSW, Australia, and overseas, working with a team of highly skilled civil engineers and managers.
Your duties will include the following:
- The promotion of Robert Bird Group to existing and prospective clients
- Project accountability through project design development and successful delivery to project and client requirements.
- Oversight and coaching of project employees
To be successful, you will have:
- Excellent communication and client relationship management skills
- Demonstrated experience within civil design, with specific project experience across public domain civil design, WSUD, and stormwater drainage design
- Geometric roadway design (preferred)
- Public domain grading and earthworks analysis
- Proficiency in software such as 12D and/or Civil 3D, DRAINS, CIRCLY, TUFLOW & HEC-RAS is highly desirable
- Chartered status or working towards chartership
- The desire to coach and mentor less experienced engineers
- The motivation to drive your professional development
This opportunity can offer you:
- Project variety
- On-going training, both internal and external
- Access to clients and training to develop soft skills associated with client-facing roles
- The opportunity to work with a collaborative and supportive team
- Career progression
- The opportunity to own and drive your engineering projects
- A range of company benefits, including paid birthday leave every year
- Office located close to public transport links in North Sydney
Why work for us?
We are a highly motivated, energetic, and proactive team. If you are seeking engineering career challenges, a variety of work, recognition for achievement and a collaborative continuous learning working environment, we want to hear from you!
We offer various paid leave, financial and health/well-being benefits, recognition awards, dynamic leadership, and a collaborative team environment.
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.