Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, geotechnical, civil and construction engineering consultancy. We are specialists in the built environment and complex infrastructure. We are recognized for a large range of landmark projects and can offer you excellent career progression and opportunities in inspiring and challenging projects, both locally and internationally.
We are looking for a Senior Civil Engineer Technician to join our Civil Team in the London Office. This is an exciting time for Robert Bird Group, as we go through continual expansion, and so presents an opportunity for someone looking to further their career within a thriving engineering consultancy.
- Continued development of AutoCAD and Civils 3d or equivalent protocols aligned to RBG standards and regular liaison with Group Drafting Manager in Australia.
- Take overall control and responsibility of project leaders duties in their absence.
- Civils 3d / AutoCAD Drafting.
- Maintaining a professional attitude when communicating with internal and external staff.
- Delegating work to technicians and junior technicians.
- Liaise with Architect and service consultants with respect to questions/queries relating to their documentation and inform the Project Engineer and other members of the project team of any changes.
- Keeping Technicians under your direction, informed and up to date with specific project related issues and changes.
- Assist with the training of junior technicians and technicians as and when required.
- Attend and be involved with drafting meeting, if required.
- Attend monthly resource meetings if required.
- Assist with the development and implementation of drawing office standards.
- Checking all drafting staff’s work (where required) to comply with the Standard Drafting Procedures.
- Assist with conducting interviews for all required drafting staff in conjunction with HR department if required.
- Development and maintenance of Project Drawing Transmittal if a Document Controller has not been appointed.
- General office duties to achieve project related requirements.
- Project programming and monitoring.
- QA procedure implementation.
- Implement Health and Safety policies and procedures on projects and oversee teams compliance
- Participate in Workplace Health and Safety committee if, and when, required
Required Qualifications and Memberships
- ONC Civil Engineering/HNC
- Civil Drafting Experience (7-8 Years)
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Civils 3D or Similar (3-4 years)
Please attach a CV and cover letter.
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.