Employment Type Full-time
Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, geotechnical, civil and construction engineering consultancy. We are specialists in the built environment and complex infrastructure. We are recognized for a large range of landmark projects and can offer you excellent career progression and opportunities in inspiring and challenging projects, both locally and internationally.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our Construction Engineering Team in the London Office. This is an exciting time for Robert Bird Group, as we go through continual expansion, and so presents an opportunity for someone looking to further their career within a thriving engineering consultancy.
- Promote Robert Bird Group to existing and prospective clients.
- Establishing new clients.
- Client liaison in conjunction with Associate Directors and Associates including but not limited to:
- Project coordination – consultants’ meetings etc.
- Meeting and exceeding client expectations.
- Ensuring client requirements are clearly understood by all company personnel involved in projects.
- Identifying changes in client requirements as may occur during the course of a project and effect the subsequent design and documentation changes necessary to meet the new requirements.
- Learn and understand the full range of products and standards for the various Construction Engineering sectors (i.e., Construction, Equipment, Infrastructure, Mining & Resources, and Property).
- Actively participate in the development of engineering solutions using your technical skills and experience, as well as your knowledge of design and construction.
- Active involvement in all projects under their direction, including project programming and monitoring.
- Assist with coordination and management of project team resource requirements with Associates.
- Design and design philosophy development in conjunction with Project Director.
- Preparation of preliminary designs (requires Director approval prior to issue).
- Assist Project Director with fee proposal development.
- Production of technical reports.
- Assist with selection of subcontracted consultants.
- Development of High-Level Engineering Capability with secured project – Soil Structure interaction, Construction staged analysis, Blast Analysis, etc.
- To design and supervise the design and drafting of general temporary works, including falsework, support beams and towers, access platforms and lifting beams.
- Developing erection schemes of special structures such as mobile cranes, tower cranes, floating cranes, etc.
- Undertake project cost control practices and assist with compilation of project invoices.
- Negotiation of fee variations with clients in conjunction with Project Director.
- To provide general technical support and advice to site based and office-based staff.
- Training and direction of all Engineers under their direction.
- Coordinating resource requirements with the Associates.
- Detailed design and design checking of both temporary and permanent works.
- Site inspections and liaison.
- To assist sites to ensure that RBG procedures for temporary works control are properly identified, designed, checked and constructed safely.
- Implementation of Quality System on their projects.
- Implement Health and Safety policies and procedures on projects and oversee team’s compliance
- Participate in Workplace Health and Safety committee if, and when, required
Required Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or equivalent
- IStructE or ICE
- Design and Design Development (5 Years)
- Construction/Mining Background
- Account Management (1 Years)
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant Engineering Experience (8-10 years)
- Chartered Member of IStructE or ICE
Please attach a CV and cover letter.
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.