Employment Type Full-time
Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, geotechnical, civil and construction engineering consultancy. We are specialists in the built environment and complex infrastructure. We are recognized for a large range of landmark projects and can offer you excellent career progression and opportunities in inspiring and challenging projects, both locally and internationally.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our Civil Team in the London Office. This is an exciting time for Robert Bird Group, as we go through continual expansion, and so presents an opportunity for someone looking to further their career within a thriving engineering consultancy.
- Promotion of Robert Bird Group to existing and prospective clients.
- Assist Director and Associate Director in establishing new business with new and existing clients.
- Collection, preparation, and compilation of bids and fee proposals for London office (civil).
- Assist Associate Director in compilation of London Civil monthly results reports to include invoicing, fee forecasts
- Allocation of civil staff resources within London office to projects.
- Training and direction of London Civil staff.
- Mentoring junior colleagues within the Civil team.
- Implementing company policy.
- Implementing London marketing strategy in association with the Associate Director/ Director – Business Development.
- Implement Health and Safety policies and procedures on projects and oversee team’s compliance.
- Participate in Workplace Health and Safety committee if, and when, required
Required Qualifications and Memberships
- BEng (Hons) or MEng (Hons)
- Chartered Status with ICE or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years practical experience in preliminary design, design management, detail design, and documentation, including preparing specifications, of Civil Engineering projects including:
- Highways Geometric and Drainage design
- Flood risk assessments
- Surface water and foul sewer design
- Basement drainage systems including under slab drainage to building Regulations
- Retention basins, attenuation tanks and other SuDS features for both design and implementation
- Negotiating with, preparing documentation for and correspondence with and making submissions to statutory undertakers, the Highways Agency, the Environment Agency, Local Lead Flood Authorities and other local authorities.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the following documents and be able to share that knowledge with staff under their direction:
- Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
- Specification for Highway Works
- SuDS Manual
- Sewers for Adoption
- Standard details used by local authorities
Please attach a CV and cover letter.
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.