Employment Type Full-time
Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, geotechnical, civil and construction engineering consultancy. We are specialists in the built environment and complex infrastructure. We are recognized for a large range of landmark projects and can offer you excellent career progression and opportunities in inspiring and challenging projects, both locally and internationally.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our Structures Team in the Birmingham Office. This is an exciting time for Robert Bird Group, as we go through continual expansion, and so presents an opportunity for someone looking to further their career within a thriving engineering consultancy.
- Promote Robert Bird Group to existing and prospective clients.
- Establishing new clients.
- Client liaison in conjunction with Associate Directors and Associates including but not limited to:
- Project coordination – consultants’ meetings etc.
- Meeting and exceeding client expectations;
- Ensuring client requirements are clearly understood by all company personnel involved in projects;
- Identifying changes in client requirements as may occur during the course of a project and effect the
subsequent design and documentation changes necessary to meet the new requirements.
- Active involvement in all projects under their direction, including project programming and monitoring.
- Assist with coordination and management of project team resource requirements with Associates.
- Design and design philosophy development in conjunction with Project Director.
- Preparation of preliminary designs (requires Director approval prior to issue).
- Design and design documentation reviews (design checking when required).
- Assist Project Director with fee proposal development.
- Assist with selection of subcontracted consultants.
- Undertake project cost control practices and assist with compilation of project invoices.
- Negotiation of fee variations with clients in conjunction with Project Director.
- Training and direction of all Engineers under their direction.
- Coordinating resource requirements with the Associates.
- Detailed design and design checking.
- Site inspections and liaison.
- Implementation of Quality System on their projects.
- Implement Health and Safety policies and procedures on projects and oversee team’s compliance
- Participate in Workplace Health and Safety committee if, and when, required
Required Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or equivalent
- IStructE or ICE
- Design and Design Development (5 Years)
- Account Management (2 Years)
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant Engineering Experience (8 years)
- Chartered Member of IStructE or ICE
Please attach a CV and cover letter.
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.