A member of the Surbana Jurong Group, Robert Bird Group (RBG) is an international structural, civil, and specialist engineering consultancy business built upon delivering structural and civil engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions.
Our team has engineered some of the largest and most complex projects, such as Brisbane’s Cross River Rail, Queens Wharf, Crown Sydney, and the award-winning Adelaide Oval redevelopment.
Reporting to the Senior Project Controller and Office Manager, this role will see you working across a diverse range of functions, encompassing elements of administration and project support.
You will play an essential role in our office support and will also contribute to a positive working culture. Day-to-day, this role will also see you provide critical administrative support for the Brisbane team.
Other key aspects of your role include:
- General accounts and administrative responsibilities supporting technical engineering and production teams and team leaders
- Generation of invoices and purchase orders in line with the project’s contractual requirements
- Review of financial data and entry into the system
- Arrange events, meetings, workshops, and training sessions including room bookings, catering and logistics and liaise with local IT members for technical support
- Contributes to effective induction and onboarding of new employees
- Liaise with Facilities representatives in administering and managing office layout, security and other office management and maintenance requirements
- Event management with both internal and external stakeholders
- Supporting projects and other ad hoc duties as required
- Contributes to supporting the execution of administrative duties for various teams as required
- Promotion and maintenance of positive and collaborative office culture
Why work with us?
RBG offers a collaborative and engaging environment, as our people are core to our business; we believe diverse and effective teams of individuals are key to our success.
We offer access to learning & development, paid birthday leave, paid parental leave, various financial and health/well-being benefits, recognition awards, and an active and social team environment.
What we are looking for:
You will bring a positive and vibrant can-do attitude with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
In addition, you will have:
- 5 years + experience in a similar administrative role in a professional office environment (experience in a similar industry desirable but not essential)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A client service approach and well-developed interpersonal skills to work effectively in a diverse environment
- Advanced skills using the Microsoft Office suite (Adobe suite skills (including InDesign) are also desirable)
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and be proactive
- Ability to work autonomously, take direction, and work as part of a team
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- The ability to promote a positive and collaborative office culture
If you seek a career that offers variety and a collaborative and continuous learning working environment, we want to hear from you!
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.