A member of the Surbana Jurong Group, Robert Bird Group (RBG) is a global consulting engineering firm with over 700 staff across ten offices. Built upon delivering structural and civil engineering excellence worldwide, we transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions. We integrate design excellence with construction and delivery expertise in close partnership with our clients.
Reporting to the People & Culture Manager East, you will coordinate RBG’s talent attraction strategies to provide recruitment support, and assist our Hiring Managers across the Asia-Pacific region through managing the end-to-end recruitment function. This is a permanent role with the opportunity to be based in either Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne.
Working alongside a motivated People & Culture team, this is an exciting opportunity to draw on both your recruitment and HR skills and experience. You will manage the day-to-day delivery of all recruitment activities and other generalist HR services as required.
Specifically, the core accountabilities include:
- Provide stakeholder management support
- Advertise vacancies and source top talent
- Proactive sourcing and pipelining talented team members, engaging with the business to ensure a drive a consistent source of talented professionals
- Schedule and conduct interviews
- Conduct pre-employment checks
- Talent mapping
- Candidate selection and offer negotiatio
- Drive graduate recruitment campaign
- Review recruitment policies to ensure best practice selection techniques and processes are applied
You will be able to showcase your skill set in this role which will challenge you, and grow your potential through providing proactive support and guidance to the business, specifically relating to sourcing and attracting key talent and engaging successful candidates through the onboarding process.
There will be exposure to the wider People & Culture function, with an opportunity to enhance your true HR generalist skills. This is an exciting opportunity for involvement in a number of key projects currently being rolled out across the business, including HR analytics, development of resources and tools and the implementation of a new HRIS system.
This role will suit someone who enjoys engaging with people at all levels and developing quality relationships with them over time.
Working with a diverse group of employees in a range of locations, you are unashamedly a people person with the ability to influence, engage and drive key outcomes. You are passionate about Recruitment and Human Resources and motivated by the positive difference you can make to the business.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Human Resources or Management Administration (or relevant experience)
- Minimum of 5 years end-to-end recruitment experience in an internal or agency setting
- Experience in the engineering sector is preferred
- Workday experience would be advantageous
- A proactive approach to managing stakeholders, communicating regularly and clearly on timeframes and outcomes.
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with people at all levels within the organisation
If you have lots of initiative, a positive attitude and enjoy being part of a hardworking, collaborative, and energetic team, then this is the role for you!
Why work with us?
Robert Bird Group is a growing, fast-paced business, while focussed on our pursuit of engineering excellence, we offer birthday leave, health insurance subsidies, paid parental leave, recognition awards, an active and engaging social club, along with a supportive team environment where healthy lifestyle balance is encouraged!
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.