Employment Type Full-time
Robert Bird Group is a global engineering consulting firm committed to delivering each client’s vision through ‘the relentless pursuit of engineering excellence’ across all projects. We strive for ‘good to a great design’ by transforming inspiring concepts into buildable designs using our innovative, collaborative, and proactive ideas.
We deliver proven ‘design for delivery’ results, providing unique engineering solutions for complex construction challenges for some of the world’s largest, highest-profile, and most complex built-form projects.
Our Sydney team has engineered iconic projects such as the Crown Sydney, One Sydney Harbour, One Central Park, One Circular Quay, Sydney Football Stadium, International Convention Centre, and various Sydney Metro stations.
Investing in the future of engineering:
We are investing heavily in new forms of engineering delivery, to include 4D BIM digital rehearsals using our Unity-based Reveal platform. Integrated with our BIM, analysis, and Synchro programming tools, this is redefining the way clients and contractors plan and deliver their projects.
Created in-house by our own coding and programming teams, and in keeping with our desire to be at the forefront of the industry, we also offer opportunities to engineers wishing to use their existing experience – or upskill in the fields of parametric design, data science, coding, and programming.
We are also committed to fostering exceptional engineering talent who share our dedication to environmentally responsible design.
Due to recent project wins, we have an opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer with building design experience to join our team in North Sydney. You will support new and existing projects, including the structural design of several tall tower projects in Sydney and interstate.
Why work for us?
RBG provides frequent opportunities for professional development and the chance to learn directly from our dedicated team of leaders, technical experts, and the specialist engineers of our global business.
If you enjoy engineering complexity, we will have the project challenges to engage your technical expertise.
We offer structural training and ongoing development, various paid leave, financial and health/well-being benefits, recognition awards, dynamic leadership, and a collaborative team environment.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Proactive toward career development and continuous learning
- Committed to quality and agile in project delivery
- Technically astute who has engineering experience delivering projects such as mixed use, commercial, infrastructure, heritage refurbishment or industrial buildings.
The successful applicant will have:
- 6-8 years’ post qualification experience in an engineering design consultancy
- Mid-high rise building sector design focus. Infrastructure experience is also valuable.
- Concrete design experience with exposure to columns, foundations, reinforced concrete slabs and beams, post tension slabs and beams, lateral design, and shoring design/basement structures
- Steel and timber design desirable
- The ability to work independently and be client-facing
- Excellent communication skills with a proactive approach
- Experience in software such as ETABS, SPACE GASS, Microstran, RAPT, RAM Concept and Strand7 is desirable
- CPEng with a solid understanding of AU standards
We are a highly motivated, technically skilled, and proactive team. If you are seeking engineering career challenges, a variety of work, recognition for achievement and a collaborative continuous learning working environment, we want to hear from you!
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
Please e-mail your CV and cover letter to email@example.com