Employment Type Full-time
- Highly attractive career opportunity in a dynamic and growing team
- Exciting landmark construction projects
- Global multi-disciplinary consulting firm
Robert Bird Group (RBG) is a leading international structural, civil and specialist engineering consultancy business built upon delivering structural and civil engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions.
RBG has had an office in Hong Kong for over 10 years and we are excited to be working on a number of significant projects in the Asia region. RBG has been working on a number of landmark projects in Asia which includes Merdeka 118, HKMZ Bridge Project – Passenger Clearance Building and Kai Tak Sports Park just to name a few.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Senior Structural Design Engineer to join our team in Hong Kong. Working with a highly skilled and energetic team you’ll have opportunity to play a key role assisting us successfully deliver these and other future projects.
You will be able to apply your talents to a diverse range of private and public sector projects from all types of buildings to major social, utility, transport, and infrastructure projects. You may also have the chance to work on other large global projects supporting our other operations overseas in Australia, New Zealand, the Middle East, UK and North America.
RBG provides frequent opportunities for professional development, and the chance to learn directly from our dedicated team of talented and specialised engineers across our global business.
Our Hong Kong team is highly motivated, and work to exceed our client expectations.
If you are seeking a role that offers a variety of work, recognition for achievement and a team working environment, we’d love to hear from you!
Perks include great projects, medical insurance, flexible working conditions, a paid birthday leave every year and a vibrant office culture.
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum 4 years’ local and/or international experience in a Structural and Construction Engineering role
- Strong project management skills
- Building related experience – commercial, residential, government, public buildings and retail and long span structures
- A creative problem solver with a proactive approach
- Relevant academic qualifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in steel and concrete design is essential. Knowledge in temporary works design is an advantage.
- Experience in ETABS and RAPT or similar programs desirable
- Solid understanding of Hong Kong Codes of Practice and other International Standards such as British Standards and Australian Standards
- Experience with Chinese Codes (GB) is an advantage
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.