Employment Type Full-time
A member of the Surbana Jurong Group, Robert Bird Group (RBG) is an international structural, civil, and specialist engineering consultancy business built upon delivering structural and civil engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions.
An exciting full-time opportunity exists for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our team based in either our Auckland or Wellington office. If you are passionate about working on diverse projects that change communities for the better, then this is the role for you!
Why work with us?
RBG provides frequent opportunities for professional development and the chance to learn directly from our dedicated experts and the specialist engineers of our global business.
We offer great projects, ongoing training, and development, paid birthday leave, paid parental leave, an active social club, health insurance subsidies, recognition awards, and a supportive and social team environment where healthy lifestyle balance is encouraged.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Relevant academic qualifications.
- 4-5 years of engineering experience or the ability to show us a proven track record of work at the Senior Engineer level.
- Local and/or international experience in a Structural Engineering role.
- Experience in managing small/medium projects.
- Building-related experience within New Zealand – commercial, residential, government, public buildings, and retail and long-span structures.
- Experience in steel and concrete design is essential. Knowledge in construction engineering and temporary work design is an advantage.
- Experience in ETABS or similar analysis programs desirable.
- Solid understanding of New Zealand Codes of Practice and other International Standards such as British Standards and Australian Standards.
- Be working towards gaining charted engineer status.
- Experience in the use of digital tools such as coding or visual programming is an advantage.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to clients, the communities we work in, our team, and delivering excellence. If you feel the same way and enjoy working on a wide range of projects we would love to hear from you!
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.