- Global multi-disciplinary professional services consulting firm
- Landmark construction projects
An exciting opportunity exists for a Senior Technician to join our Construction Engineering team based in our Sydney office in North Sydney. We are looking for a Senior Technician that is self-motivated and capable or working in a dynamic team environment while working at the cutting edge of design on local and global projects.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Complex drafting and modelling tasks to meet client requirements and manage deliverables
- Develop construction sequence and methodology documentation in REVIT
- Training and development of staff under your direction
- Active involvement in projects, including drafting resource management, in conjunction with the wider drafting and engineering team
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum of 6+ years’ (approx.) experience in drafting
- Ability to lead the drafting packages for a team of engineers and manage resources for the various packages of drafting work
- Experience performing drafting reviews / verifications
- A sound and practical knowledge of REVIT
- A practical approach to problem solving
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal)
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to work with Engineers and others within a team structure
- Ability to work independently
Desirable skills but not essential:
- Knowledge of interaction between software (engineering to drafting)
- Interest in digital engineering
- AutoCAD knowledge and experience
- Experience in temporary works documentation
We can offer you a great working environment, variety of projects, reward for achievement and paid birthday leave every year. If you would like a challenge and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment then please submit your application online, outlining your experience and suitability for this role, together with examples of your relevant experience.
Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, civil and specialist engineering consultancy business built upon delivering structural and civil engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions.
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.