Robert Bird Group is a global consulting engineering firm committed to delivering each client’s vision through the relentless pursuit of engineering excellence across all projects. We integrate engineering design excellence with construction and delivery expertise to achieve significant benefits for our client, notably those related to cost, programme and risk.
Due to continuing growth within the organization and new project wins across the buildings and infrastructure sectors, we are seeking to expand our Structural and Construction Engineering team. You will be working with a high performing, service-oriented and collaborative team.
We are looking for candidates with a Structural or Construction Engineering experience background to provide structural design services on projects including preparing design calculations, design sketches, contract drawings, specifications and construction support to meet our client’s standards and requirements.
Construction engineering is a broad field, and our suite of offered services is testament to our depth of knowledge and expertise. We offer design and consulting services in construction staging, temporary works, logistics, plant and equipment and virtual design and construction.
We are looking for a Design Engineer to join the New York Office. This is an exciting time for Robert Bird Group, as we go through expansion and have a growing portfolio of landmark buildings and infrastructure projects. This presents an opportunity for someone looking to further their career within a thriving engineering consultancy.
Essential duties include performing a wide range of structural engineering analysis and design tasks in steel, concrete, and timber structures to US design codes and standards. Design, optimize and mitigate risk, through the use and application of a range of tools such as ETABS, RAM Structural Systems, RAM Concept, ROBOT Structural analysis, SAFE, Bluebeam Revu, Revit and AutoCAD .
- Undertaking structural engineering analysis and design of:
- Temporary works
- Permanent structures during construction phase
- Working with the production team to translate design into accurate and concise models and drawings
- Developing and assessing construction sequencing proposals
- Using tools to measure and actively reduce carbon impact on all our projects
- Conducting site inspections of designed works
- Assessment of existing structures
The ideal candidate will have;
- BEng (Hons) or Meng (Hons)
- Structural Engineering experience (temporary works experience welcome but not required)
- Previous experience in a design engineering role, ideally working within an engineering consultancy firm
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills, ability to present ideas and convey information internally and to external clients.
- Problem-solving ability to solve minor or complex problems using data, logic, and judgement. Attention to detail with analytical skills.
- PE License or working towards becoming a PE
Why work for us?
RBG provides frequent opportunities for professional development and the chance to learn directly from our dedicated team of leaders and talented specialists in our global business.
We offer access to high-profile projects, ongoing training and development, paid birthday leave, 401K, private health insurance, sick leave, recognition awards and a social and cohesive team environment
If you’d like further information, please reach out to the Recruitment Team at email@example.com
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers as we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.