Robert Bird Group (RBG) is a global consulting engineering firm committed to delivering each client’s vision through the relentless pursuit of engineering excellence across all projects. We strive for good to a great design by transforming inspiring concepts into buildable designs through innovative, collaborative, and proactive solutions.
Our team has engineered some of the largest and most complex projects such as Kuwait Airport, Cross River Rail and iconic buildings such as Australia 109, 80 Collins Street and 405 Bourke Street.
We have an 18 month fixed term opportunity for an experienced Document Controller with the potential to extend this contract in our Melbourne office. It would suit someone who enjoys managing documentation, is confident in maintaining information systems, and likes the challenge of meeting all quality and compliance standards. This role also suits someone that is keen to work with autonomy on large infrastructure projects.
To be successful in this role you will have had some experience to date in using both manual and electronic document filing systems, have excellent attention to detail, great verbal and written communication skills and be able to organise and prioritise your workload.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Committed to quality and agile in project delivery
- Self-motivated in demonstrating initiative
- Experienced in a wide variety of project work (buildings & infrastructure)
- Competent in design coordination, with the ability to work on 2 or 3 projects simultaneously
- Capable in documentation & modelling using BIM modelling software Revit/Autocad
- Qualified with a diploma or relevant technical training
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 5+ years’ structural drafting experience with REVIT modelling
- AutoCAD & Navisworks experience
- Revizto collaboration software for clash detection (preferred) as well as experience with Grasshopper/Rhino
- An understanding of BIM and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all stakeholders on large scale projects
If you have initiative, a positive attitude, and enjoy working in a collaborative and social team, then this is the role for you!
We can offer you a great working environment, challenging projects, rewards for achievement, and a range of benefits, including paid birthday leave every year.
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.