Employment Type Full-time
Robert Bird Group is a global engineering consulting firm committed to delivering each client’s vision through ‘the relentless pursuit of engineering excellence’ across all projects. We strive for ‘good to a great design’ by transforming inspiring concepts into buildable designs using our innovative, collaborative, and proactive ideas.
We deliver proven ‘design for delivery’ results, providing unique engineering solutions for complex construction challenges for some of the world’s largest, highest-profile, and most complex built-form projects.
Our Adelaide team have engineered and are currently providing engineering design expertise on projects such as 60 King William Street, Adelaide Convention Centre (CE), Adelaide Oval (CE), Hotel Indigo and Tarrkarri -Centre for First Nations Cultures.
Investing in the future of engineering:
We are investing heavily in new forms of engineering delivery, to include 4D BIM digital rehearsals using our Unity-based Reveal platform. Integrated with our BIM, analysis, and Synchro programming tools, this is redefining the way clients and contractors plan and deliver their projects.
Created in-house by our own coding and programming teams, and in keeping with our desire to be at the forefront of the industry, we offer opportunities for our engineers wishing to use their existing experience – or upskill in the fields of parametric design, data science, coding, and programming.
We are also committed to fostering exceptional engineering talent who share our dedication to environmentally responsible design.
Due to recent project wins, we have an opportunity for a Structural Engineer with building design experience to join our team in Adelaide. You will support new and existing projects, including the structural design of local and global projects.
Why work for us?
RBG provides frequent opportunities for professional development and the chance to learn directly from our dedicated team of leaders, technical experts, and the specialist engineers of our global business.
If you enjoy engineering complexity, we will have the project challenges to help you grow your career. Likewise, if you enjoy what you are doing and would like to travel, we can open the door to opportunities in our global offices.
We offer structural training, ongoing development and mentoring, various paid leave, financial and health/well-being benefits, recognition awards, dynamic leadership, and a collaborative and social team environment.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Proactive toward career development and continuous learning
- Committed to quality and agile in project delivery
- Engineering experience delivering projects such as mixed use, commercial, infrastructure, heritage refurbishment or industrial buildings
The successful applicant will have:
- 3 – 5 years’ post qualification experience in a similar Structural Engineering role
- Mid-high rise building sector design focus. Infrastructure experience is also valuable.
- Concrete design experience with exposure to columns, foundations, reinforced concrete slabs and beams, post tension slabs and beams, lateral design, and shoring design/basement structures
- Steel and timber design desirable
- Excellent communication skills with a proactive approach
- Exposure to software such as ETABS, SPACE GASS, Microstra3, RAPT, RAM Concept and Strand7 is desirable
- Relevant academic qualifications and working toward CPEng preferred
We are a highly motivated, technically skilled, and proactive team. If you are seeking engineering career challenges, a variety of work, recognition for achievement and a collaborative continuous learning working environment, we want to hear from you!
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
Please e-mail your CV and cover letter to email@example.com