Employment Type Full-time
Robert Bird Group is a global consulting engineering firm committed to delivering each client’s vision through ‘the relentless pursuit of engineering’ excellence across all projects.
We strive for ‘good to a great design’ by transforming inspiring concepts into buildable designs using our innovative, collaborative, and proactive ideas.
An exciting full-time opportunity exists for a Technician Lead to join our team based in our Auckland office. If you are passionate about working on diverse projects that change communities for the better, then this is the role for you!
An exciting full-time opportunity exists for a Structural Engineer to join our team, based in our Auckland office. If you are passionate about working on diverse projects that change communities for the better, then this is the role for you!
Investing in the Future of Engineering:
We are investing heavily in new forms of engineering delivery, to include 4D BIM digital rehearsals using our Unity-based Reveal platform. Integrated with our BIM, analysis, and Synchro programming tools, this is redefining the way clients and contractors plan and deliver their projects.
Created in-house by our own coding and programming teams, and in keeping with our desire to be at the forefront of the industry, we also offer opportunities for engineers wishing to use their existing experience – or upskill in the fields of parametric design, data science, coding, and programming.
We are also committed to fostering exceptional engineering talent who share our dedication to environmentally responsible design.
Why work with us?
RBG provides frequent opportunities for professional development and the chance to learn directly from our dedicated experts and the specialist engineers of our global business.
We offer access to great local and international projects, ongoing training and development, a variety of paid leave, health and wellbeing benefits, an active social club, internal transfer opportunities within our global offices, recognition awards, and a supportive team environment where healthy lifestyle balance is encouraged.
Skills & Experience
With an eye for detail, you can work well prioritising competing deadlines. You will bring a positive can-do attitude to the team and effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders from all levels with confidence.
You will support new and existing projects in the detailed design and delivery documentation of our built environment projects.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- 2- 4 years of engineering design experience (post qualification) and a civil engineering or relevant degree
- Local and/or international experience in a Structural Engineering role
- Experience in managing small/medium projects
- Building-related experience within New Zealand – commercial, residential, government, public buildings, and retail and long-span structures
- Experience in steel and concrete design is essential.
- Experience in ETABS or similar analysis programs desirable
- Solid understanding of New Zealand Codes of Practice and other International Standards such as British Standards and Australian Standards
- Commenced working towards gaining charted engineer status
- Experience in the use of digital tools such as coding or visual programming is an advantage
We pride ourselves on our commitment to clients, the communities we work in, our team, and delivering excellence. If you feel the same way and enjoy working on a wide range of projects, we would love to hear from you!
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.