Robert Bird Group (RBG) is a global consulting engineering firm committed to delivering each client’s vision through the relentless pursuit of engineering excellence across all projects. We strive for good to a great design by transforming inspiring concepts into buildable designs through innovative, collaborative, and proactive solutions.
Our team has engineered some of the largest and most complex projects such as Cross River Rail, Crown Sydney, One Sydney Harbour, Sydney Football Stadium, International Convention Centre, and various Sydney Metro stations.
Reporting to our Technician Manager, we have a full-time opportunity for a Structural Technician to join our Technical Services team in North Sydney.
You will support new and existing projects, including the structural detailing of several landmark infrastructure and tall tower projects in Sydney and interstate.
Using your existing REVIT modelling capabilities, this is a chance to develop your technical skills and be mentored by more experienced professionals while coordinating modelling and documentation with our workshare partners.
Why work for us?
RBG provides frequent opportunities for professional development and the chance to learn directly from our dedicated team of local talented Technicians and the specialists of our global business.
We offer great projects, training and development, paid birthday leave, paid parental leave, various financial and health/well-being benefits, recognition awards and a supportive and social team environment.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Proactive toward career development and continuous learning
- Committed to quality and agile in project delivery
- Experienced in a wide variety of project work (buildings & infrastructure)
- Competent in design coordination, working on 2 or 3 projects simultaneously
- Capable in documentation & modelling using BIM modelling software Revit and Navisworks
- Highly motivated and willing to be proactive in maintaining an efficient workflow
- Qualified with a diploma or relevant technical training
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 3 to 5 years’ structural drafting experience with REVIT modelling
- Model coordination software such as Navisworks experience
- Visual programming (e.g., Dynamo) experience would be beneficial
- Revizto collaboration software for clash detection (preferred)
- A sound understanding of the process of BIM and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all stakeholders on large scale projects
If you have initiative, a positive attitude, and enjoy working in cohesive and social team, then this is the role for you!
Remuneration: The salary for this role will be in the range of $75,000 to $96,000 (AUD) base salary + superannuation and will be commensurate on the experience of the successful candidate.
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.