- Global structural & civil engineering professional services consulting firm
- Landmark infrastructure construction projects and high-rise buildings
- State-of-the-art BIM 360 cloud technologies
Robert Bird Group (RBG) is a leading international specialist engineering consultancy business built upon delivering structural and civil engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions. We integrate design excellence with construction and delivery expertise in close partnership with our clients.
RBG have been operating successfully for over 35 years and our team provide structural engineering services on some of Australia’s most significant projects, Crown Sydney and Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre.
Reporting to our Technical Manager, we have a highly attractive career opportunity for a Structural Technician/Draftsperson to join our Technical Services team North Sydney. In addition to your hands-on Revit modelling capabilities, this is a chance to develop your technical skills and be mentored by more experienced professionals plus help build our drafting team and coordinate drafting with our workshare partners.
This appointment will support new and existing projects including the detailed structural design of several significant infrastructure projects and tall towers in Sydney and interstate current projects include One Sydney Harbour and One Circular Quay.
In addition to supporting the detailed structural design of building projects you’ll receive training and development to support our Construction Engineering (CE) team. CE typically involves working closely with major contractors to develop construction methodologies and the design of temporary works and staged analysis.
Key points / requirements:
- Self-starter seeking excellent long-term career development potential
- Experienced team, wide variety of work (buildings & infrastructure)
- Design coordination, work on 2 or 3 projects simultaneously
- Dynamic highly successful project delivery team
- Documentation & modelling using BIM modelling software Revit / AutoCAD
- Potential to become a future leader
- professional qualification e.g. diploma or relevant technical training
The successful candidates will ideally have or be:
- 1 to 4+ years’ structural drafting experience with REVIT modelling
- AutoCAD & Navisworks experience (preferred)
- Revizto collaboration software for clash detection (not essential)
- Major project experience
- Proactive team player with developmental potential
- An understanding of BIM and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all stakeholders on large scale projects
If you have lots of initiative, a positive attitude and enjoy working in a hardworking but fun-loving team then this is the role for you!
Perks include a great location, an active social club, a paid day of birthday leave every year, and a vibrant office culture. Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.