Employment Type Full-time
Robert Bird Group (RBG) is a global consulting engineering firm committed to delivering each client’s vision through the relentless pursuit of engineering excellence across all projects. The construction engineering team work directly with contractors and developers to create structural engineering solutions that deal with a wide range of problems faced during the construction of Sydney’s most significant building and major transport infrastructure projects.
Each project is unique, and this provides a wide variety of projects for you to advance structural engineering skills through the development of construction methodology and erection sequences, design of temporary works, or the modification of permanent works design to avoid the need for temporary works.
Our CE team has pioneered the development of various approaches and techniques that are now considered an industry standard.
Reporting to our Technician Manager, we have a full-time opportunity for a Technician to join our Construction Engineering team in North Sydney.
Utilising your 5+ years of structural drafting experience, you will support new and existing projects including the structural detailing of several landmark infrastructure and building projects in Sydney.
Why work for us?
RBG provides frequent opportunities for professional development and the chance to learn directly from our dedicated team of leaders, talented technicians, and specialist engineers of our global business.
We offer access to landmark projects, structured training and development, paid birthday leave, paid parental leave, an active social club, health insurance subsidies, recognition awards and a supportive team environment where healthy lifestyle balance is encouraged.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Proactive toward career development and continuous learning
- Committed to quality and agile in project delivery
- Experienced in a wide variety of project work (buildings & infrastructure)
- Experience in structural steel drafting and detailing is preferred
- Competent in design coordination, working multiple projects simultaneously
- Capable in documentation & modelling using modelling software such as Revit and importing AutoCAD layouts in from other consultants.
- Highly motivated and willing to be proactive in maintaining an efficient workflow
- An effective communicator and team collaborator
- Qualified with a diploma or relevant technical training
- Understanding of proprietary formwork and falsework products is preferred, although not required.
We’re a technically skilled, social, and cohesive team that works to exceed our client expectations…if that’s what motivates you too, then this is the role for you!
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.