- Work with High Quality Construction Visualisations
- Leading Edge Visualisations using Unity, 3DS Max, plus others.
- Opportunity to work on large scale, high profile projects globally
Join a highly skilled team providing cutting-edge visual solutions for landmark projects worldwide!
Robert Bird Group is a global consulting engineering firm committed to delivering each client’s vision through the relentless pursuit of engineering excellence across all projects. We strive for good to a great design by transforming inspiring concepts into buildable designs through innovative, collaborative, and proactive solutions.
Our Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) team develop bespoke VDC solutions by combining our extensive engineering expertise with superior visualisation technology. From simple explanatory details on still images to animated 4D movies and interactive models using gaming technology.
Our team is unique in the market, modelling and animating using the virtual environment and embedding intelligence within visualised solutions for landmark projects.
An exciting opportunity exists for a VDC Technician to join our team, reporting to our VDC Production Leader in Melbourne. Join a highly skilled VDC team at the cutting edge of industry-changing 4D Construction Visualisation.
This role provides an opportunity to produce and communicate realistic and time-dependent animations of the construction process covering temporary works requirements, construction staging and sequencing considerations, site access, materials handling, and logistics requirements, and programming constraints, all within real-world construction scenarios.
You will also utilise RBG’s world-class and in-house developed ‘Reveal’ interactive visual communication tool.
Why work for us?
RBG provides frequent opportunities for professional development and the chance to learn directly from our dedicated team of leaders and talented specialists in our global business.
We offer access to high-profile projects, ongoing training and development, paid birthday leave, paid parental leave, various financial and health/well-being benefits, recognition awards and a social and cohesive team environment.
The role will include:
- Actively participating in developing visualisation solutions using your technical skills and experience and your knowledge of the industry.
- Producing complex and detailed models.
- Modelling structural and architectural assets from CAD drawings and/or sketches.
- Creating custom V-Ray shaders and textures duty.
- Placement, sequencing and staging of all relevant 3D assets within construction methodology.
- Proactively assisting with the development of current visualisation practices and standards.
- Optimising models, material, textures, and lighting for use in game/interactive platforms.
- Setting up models for real-time rendering.
The successful applicant will have:
- A minimum of 3 years postgraduate work experience in visualisation, preferably in Architecture or Construction.
- High skill level in 3D Studio Max.
- Experience with Unity Gaming Engine.
- Revit knowledge would be favourable.
- Proficiency in V-Ray.
- Competence in Photoshop.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in other programs also beneficial: Plastic SCM, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, and Premiere.
Please attach a CV and cover letter.
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers as we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.