The 35 Spring Street Melbourne project is a 45-level tower incorporating 270 luxury apartments and occupies an extraordinary position the corner of Spring Street and Flinders Lane, Melbourne opposite the Treasury Gardens.
Deeper frames at street and the upper podium level reveal glimpses into the ground level lobby and pool area on Level 9. These are compelling contemporary spaces, full of light, focused on street activation and linked to the Treasury Gardens beyond.
The ground floor has a projecting glazed canopy along the Spring Street frontage and provides two well-defined entrances. The residential lobby is entered via a double-height threshold near the corner of Spring Street and Flinders Lane. The lobby lounge occupies the corner and provides both a social space and a meeting place for visitors
CBus Property Pty Ltd
Brookfield Multiplex Pty Ltd
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.