St Lukes Aged Care at Little Bay is a modern aged care facility with Landcom’s master-planned Prince Henry Development at Little Bay. This project features four levels of independent living units over a single basement level of car parking. There are also community facilities located on the Ground Floor, including a commercial kitchen and laundry.
The building has been designed and detailed to cater for specific requirements of the aged residents, including special allowance for electrical and mechanical services for care and communication throughout the building.
St Lukes Hospital Joint Venture
Health (Aged Care)
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.