This mixed use development features two towers, of 35 and 8-storeys, positioned above a shared podium housing retail facilities and reception halls with a landscaped terrace above. The taller tower has an oval floorplate with seven levels of commercial office space separated from the upper residential levels by an intermediate double height sky garden, also housing gym and fitness suite.
A further roof top sky garden is positioned at level 35. The lower tower also has a roof top garden for use of its residents and the landscaped podium terrace features a children’s play area.
£65 million GBP
Double height basement
CfSH level 3
Carey Jones Chapman Tolcher
Robert Bird Group Services:
Structural Engineering Design
Civil Engineering Design
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.