The Amcor G3 project located in Gawler, South Australia increased the total area of the plant to over 70,000m2. Amcor’s manufacturing facility featured the world’s most contemporary container glass technology. The production lines were designed to produce 750 ml premium-quality glass bottles in a variety of shapes and colours. In addition to these bottles; the Stage 3 production lines had the added capacity to produce 375ml beer bottles. The Stage 3 project scope included:
- Expansion of the existing batch plant
- A third furnace building with an additional 450 tpd capacity melting furnace.
- A third production building with two additional production lines.
- A third annealing and packaging line
- Expansion of the existing amenities building
Upon the completion of Stage 3, Amcor’s production capacity increased to approximately 600 million wine bottles per year.
The Robert Bird Group provided consulting structural engineering services for the new buildings, furnace, silos and production lines.
Robert Bird Group Services: