The Cockburn Volunteer Emergency Services Headquarters is a combined two storey oﬃce, warehouse and storage facility. The design utilised tilt-up precast panels, a pre-tensioned, precast suspended slab system and an eﬃcient, long span steel roof. This meant construction was fast, in-expensive and was completed on time and on budget.
Project features include:
- Tilt-up precast concrete construction
- Pre-tensioned precast concrete suspended floor system
- Long span steel roof
- Designed for fast, eﬃcient construction
Robert Bird Group
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.