Robert Bird Group is providing concept Design services for the planned Khalifa Bin Zayed National Stadium.
Engineering services provided includes:
- Identify the temporary design loads for the structure: Live Loads, Dead Loads, Wind Loads, Seismic Loads, Robustness Loads.
- Perform structural analysis to confirm proposed methodologies.
- Develop conceptual methodologies and temporary works systems for discussion and review
- Fully evaluate the construction methodology life cycle: Connections, Fabrication, Transportation, Site Storage, Installation, Temporary Support,Permanent Load Paths, Completed Structure.
Sports and Entertainment
VINCI/CCC/Oger Joint Venture
Robert Bird Group Services:
Structural & Civil Design for D&B Contractor
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.