Sydney Light Rail PPP Project includes the DBOMF of a new CBD and South East Light Rail (CSELR) and upgrade, operation and maintenance of the existing Inner West Light Rail.
Key features of the project include:
- 20 light rail stops along the 12 km route
- Major interchanges with ferry, heavy rail and bus services
- Up to 9000 passengers per hour per direction capacity
- New tunnels and bridges crossing major existing roads
- Flood mitigation works in low-lying sections
- A stabling facility in Randwick and a maintenance depot in Rozelle
- Interconnectivity with the Inner Western Light Rail (IWLR)
A central element of delivering Sydney’s Light Rail Future is the CBD and South East Light Rail project (CSELR). This new line will extend from Circular Quay connecting the CBD north to south, with the cricket and football grounds at Moore Park and then to the eastern suburbs of Kensington, Kingsford, and Randwick including the racecourse.
Robert Bird Group Services:
Civil Engineering (Delivery Phase)
Structural Engineering (Delivery Phase)
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.