Sydney Light Rail PPP Project includes the DBOMF of a new CBD and South East Light Rail (CSELR) and upgrade, operation and maintenance of the existing Inner West Light Rail.
Key features of the project include:
- 20 light rail stops along the 12 km route
- Major interchanges with ferry, heavy rail and bus services
- Up to 9000 passengers per hour per direction capacity
- New tunnels and bridges crossing major existing roads
- Flood mitigation works in low-lying sections
- A stabling facility in Randwick and a maintenance depot in Rozelle
- Interconnectivity with the Inner Western Light Rail (IWLR)
A central element of delivering Sydney’s Light Rail Future is the CBD and South East Light Rail project (CSELR). This new line will extend from Circular Quay connecting the CBD north to south, with the cricket and football grounds at Moore Park and then to the eastern suburbs of Kensington, Kingsford, and Randwick including the racecourse.
Temporary Works Civil and Structural Engineering
Robert Bird Group was engaged by Acciona Infrastructure to support the construction phase of the Sydney Light Rail, providing civil and structural engineering services including design services for temporary works for road diversions, utility protection and diversions, and structural works.
Robert Bird Group Services:
Civil Engineering (Delivery Phase)
Structural Engineering (Delivery Phase)