The new Tweed Hospital site is located on the corner of Cudgen road and Turnock street near Kingscliff. The site is approximately 15 mins drive South of the Tweed heads centre and the Gold coast Airport.
The building is intended to replace most of the services currently provided by the current Tweed hospital on Powell street in Tweed.
Robert Bird Group have been engaged to complete part 3-8 of the Civil and Structural consultancy services.
AUD $400 million
New Green field build
60,000 m2 schedule of accommodation (SOA)
with options to expand
6 storey building with 2 basement levels
Health Infrastructure NSW
STH & Bates Smart
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.