Brookfield’s Wynyard Place development is transforming Wynyard into a world-class urban precinct in the heart of Sydney’s CBD. The project’s centrepiece is a 27-level PCA Premium Grade commercial tower (1 Carrington) with a total net lettable area of 59,000 sqm, offering world-class facilities, amenities and finishes to set a new standard in workplace design.
The development will also include the restoration of Shell House and 285 George Street, breathing new life into an historic Sydney landmark and creating 9,400 sqm of boutique office space. In addition, there will be 7,000 sqm of high-end retail, a revitalised Wynyard Lane and a major upgrade to Wynyard Station’s George Street entrance, connecting to a grand transit hall and public concourse.
Approximately $1.5 Billion
Total Net Office Area
Total Net Retail Area
6 Star Green Star Rating
5.5 Star NABERS Energy Rating
Commercial, Heritage and Retail
MAKE + Architectus
Robert Bird Group
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.