This high-rise building located on the Brisbane River required the use of an existing underground car park. Robert Bird Group designed a solution which overcame equipment limitations and ensured that surrounding commercial and tourism interests were not disturbed.
Significant and interesting aspects of the project and Robert Bird Group’s role included the following:
- The construction of the high-rise required new deep piled footings to be constructed beneath the car park and below the banks of the Brisbane River. A large (118t) piling rig was selected by the builder as the equipment to construct the new footings.
- The existing structure could not support the equipment without major structural improvements and still allow access to the commercial and tourism needs at the location.
- RBG designed a steel grillage system and multi-level propping to allow an 118t piling rig to traverse over the existing structure to install the necessary footings for the high-rise.
- The grillage and propping designed by RBG allowed the car park and loading docks to remain operational.
- Water, fire and electrical services were not required to be relocated and remained operational and uninterrupted.
$700 million AUD
Total Area: 64,264m2 approx.
Levels: 54 + 1 basement
6 Star Greenstar Office Design
Robert Bird Group Services: