The $50 million, 7 storey development is constructed to the North of the existing terminal building. The hotel comprises of 165 rooms, a business centre with flexible meeting and function rooms, as well as a restaurant and bar which integrates seamlessly with the broader airport terminal. A walkway links the hotel directly with the airport’s Level 2 domestic and international check-in area.
The Atura branded Hotel forms a major part of the Adelaide Airport’s proposed 30 year and $2 billion masterplan.
Robert Bird Group were the lead structural and civil design engineers for the project.
Atura Holdings Pty Limited
Built Pty Limited
Robert Bird Group Services:
Structural & Civil Engineering
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.