Admiralty Tower 2 was the second residential tower of the four-tower precinct which was the first major CBD residential development in Brisbane. The waterfront site presented major development challenges with highly variable ground conditions.
Levels: 36 + 2 basements
4 Star Greenstar
4.5 Star AGBR
Douglas Daly and Bottger
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.