Admiralty Tower 2 was the second residential tower of the four-tower precinct which was the first major CBD residential development in Brisbane. The waterfront site presented major development challenges with highly variable ground conditions.
Key technical challenges
Significant and interesting aspects of the project and Robert Bird Group’s role include the following:
- Constructed directly on the riverfront, a coffer dam sheet pile wall was used to retain the Brisbane River during construction.
- Constructed with flat slab construction and jump form cores for rapid floor cycles.
- Adjacent heritage-listed masonry wall was restored and incorporated as a feature of the project.
- Extensive over-river boardwalk and promenade on rock.
- Foundations varied from pad footings, driven pre-cast piles to 27m and bored piers to 45m.
- A variety of innovative designs and construction techniques were used to overcome the ground and river water issues associated with the deep basements. Ground conditions dictated individual solutions for each stage, tailored to minimise cost.
Levels: 36 + 2 basements
4 Star Greenstar
4.5 Star AGBR
Douglas Daly and Bottger
Robert Bird Group Services: