The Al Maryah Central project will provide a new experience in shopping dining and entertainment, offering over 400 leading international brands, Located in Al Maryah Island, this upcoming mall aims to be Abu Dhabi’s newest retail, leisure and entertainment destination when it opens in 2019.
RBG performed Construction Engineering Services as Multiplex’s Engineer on the project. A major design responsibility included the surgical demolition of numerous elements within the existing precast prestressed car park floor structure to permit the interface connection of 2 new pedestrian link bridges.
RBG provided design as well as site support inspections and monitoring.
Year Start / Completed:
Culture & Enterntainment
Tourism Development & Investment Company, Abu Dhabi
Al Habtoor Murray & Roberts
Foster + Partners
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.