At the northern end of Queensland’s Gold Coast, this major apartment development is located directly on the Broadwater with harbour inlet. Robert Bird Group performed both structural and civil design work.
Key technical challenges
Significant and interesting aspects of the project and Robert Bird Group’s role include the following:
- A new access road to the gated community, approximately 400m in length meandering through the development.
- Stormwater design enabled effective drainage of the site whilst maintaining high level of landscape.
- Bulk earthworks performed in an ecologically safe manner to protect flora, avoid erosion and protection of sites of cultural heritage.
- Considerable liaison with the Gold Coast City Council to ensure regulations were met.
- Significant savings were achieved through our negotiation with council on the extent of works required external to the site.
Robert Bird Group Services: