Phase 3A of the Battersea Power Station Redevelopment will set a new benchmark for luxury residential living in London. Featuring two 17-level apartment buildings by the acclaimed Gehry Partners and a third 16-level building by Foster + Partners that includes a boutique hotel offering, Phase 3A lies immediately to the south of the mixed-use Battersea Power Station itself.
The project includes a number of unique features:
- a 42,000m2 3-level basement car parking facility for retail visitors and residents
- two levels of premium retail along a new high street, totalling 20,000m2
- 76,000m2 of luxury apartments across three buildings
- a 11,000m2 boutique hotel
- a feature roof garden for the use of hotel guests and residences, overlooking the Power Station, River Thames and with views to central London
The public heart of the precinct, Malaysia Square, joins Phases 2 and 3 together within the master-planned redevelopment
£700 million GBP
52,000m2 of mixed use development including basements
Residential, Retail, Hotel
Battersea Power Station Development Company
(SP Setia + Sime Darby)
Foster + Partners
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.