RBG has been appointed across multiple phases and site-wide master plan roles at various stages to assist with the planning, construction and delivery of Battersea Power Station Development. This includes site-wide road networks and interim stages, to facilitate access of residents and construction traffic at various stages of the master plan, Phase 4 interfaces with the Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Thames Water Ring Main, impacting on development constraints, logistics and programming and Phase 4a.
Urban Regeneration, Residential, Retail
Battersea Power Station Development Company
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.