The development is located at on Seabrook Crescent in Karratha Industrial Estate. The distribution centre consists of a two storey 1,400m2 oﬃce complex and showroom with an attached 2,700m2 warehouse and car parking area in the front with truck access along the perimeter. The building is a tilt panel warehouse with a steel framed roof.
Robert Bird Group
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.