RBG was responsible for the support of temporary works bridges spanning over the two (2) six (6) lane highway roads, Sheikh Zayed Road.
The temporary bridges were designed to support the wet concrete weight of the new interchange bridges accessing Blue Waters Island located near the Dubai Marina/JBR district.
In addition, RBG designed the temporary bridges spanning over the existing Dubai Metro infrastructure.
USD $18-22 million
Total Area: 3,553m2 plot
Culture & Entertainment
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.