The Commercial Laundry Facility, located in Karratha’s Gap Ridge Industrial Estate is comprised of a 2,000m² warehouse and a small attached oﬃce.
The main warehouse is framed out with a special truss design to allow minimal movement as sensitive conveyor systems are mounted from the roof and require less than 10mm of deflection over each span to operate correctly.
Project features include:
- 2,000m² warehouse
- Truss portal frames spanning 40 meters with a central column
- Warehouse used systematically by the laundry
- Attached Oﬃce
- Cyclonic design
Total Area 2,000m2
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.