Robert Bird Group was appointed by John Holland Group to conduct a structural adequacy check of two offshore crane gantries. These were existing crane gantries that John Holland Group was considering to purchase from Clough to assist with the construction of Berth Number Four at Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal.
John Holland Group
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.