A $160 million premium residential, retail, and commercial development at the heart of the Haymarket precinct. The project consists of 540 apartments spread over three towers varying from 8 storeys to 40 storeys high linked by a common 5-story podium. Structural design features include constructing the building over existing heritage-listed Sydney Water culverts and multi-level transfer walls that eliminate the need for deep transfer beams over the podium car park.
30,600 m² GFA Residential
1,000m² GFA Retail
250m² GFA Commercial
Levels: 40 above ground
4 Star Greenstar
4.5 Star AGBR
Denton Corker Marshall
Lend Lease Design
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.