This residential and retail master-planned development is strategically located between the Princes Highway and the Cooks River. The development incorporates the Wolli Creek railway station (part of the underground rail line to Sydney Airport) and the heritage-listed Tempe House.
Robert Bird group is completing buildings 11, 12 and 13, and previously completed buildings 1, 2, 4, the southern basement, and the master plan for the northern basement.
$600 million – over circa 8 stages
- Levels: 15 Towers up to 30
- levels with up to 5 basement levels
4 Star Greenstar
4.5 Star AGBR
Australand in Joint Venture with
Landcom / Urban Growth
Cox Richardson + Bates Smart
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.