This residential and retail master-planned development is strategically located between the Princes Highway and the Cooks River. The development incorporates the Wolli Creek railway station (part of the underground rail line to Sydney Airport) and the heritage-listed Tempe House.
Robert Bird group is completing buildings 11, 12 and 13, and previously completed buildings 1, 2, 4, the southern basement, and the master plan for the northern basement.
Significant and interesting aspects of the project and Robert Bird Group’s role include the following:
- Trunk storm water drainage is designed to connect through the heritage precinct and over an existing railway tunnel discharging to Cooks River.
- Coordination of basement and tower designs was undertaken to avoid impact on operating rail infrastructure.
- Staged construction was achieved in difficult ground conditions, with hydrostatic diaphragm walls and drained basement slabs.
- Flood controls including management plans protect critical existing rail infrastructure from a probable maximum flood event.
- Residential towers adjacent to rail were vibration-isolated within the building structure system.
$600 million – over circa 8 stages
- Levels: 15 Towers up to 30
- levels with up to 5 basement levels
4 Star Greenstar
4.5 Star AGBR
Australand in Joint Venture with
Landcom / Urban Growth
Cox Richardson + Bates Smart
Robert Bird Group Services: