Festival Towers is a Devine Limited development. This inner-city residential tower is comprised of a basement carpark, 38 residential levels, ground level retail, lobby and service zone, three podium plaza units, residential facilities and a roof-top plant room.
Extensive works and re-planning within the existing 399 Bourke retail zone were required with the design team to ensure the structural integrity of the existing structure was maintained and the client’s expectations realised.
Key technical challenges
- In jump form system for core walls and slip form system for some columns and walls
- Precast and insitu walls used as façade walls.
- Four days concrete cycle with two day pour per floor.
- Adjust a connecter used to connect slab and core walls.
- Reid bar connector used to connect slab and core walls.
- Column and shear wall designed to resist wind force induced by the jump form system and to suit slip form system with reduced wall/ column thickness at slab level.
- Robert Bird Group engineers selected a flat plat floor system for residential floors to create simple form work that maximised ceiling height and greater flexibility for building services.
- High strength concrete and live load reduction used for column design and to minimize column size.
Expected completion 2006
Total Area: Approx. 61,788m2
42 Levels + 4 Basements
Residential & Retirement
Robert Bird Group Services:
- 4 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star AGBR