This project comprised a new multi building facility master plan and upgrade without interruption to the existing functioning facility high in operation. The first stage of the project was the internal refurbishment of the existing building. The second stage was the expansion of the building to provide a new space for the administration area and the third stage was a base building fitout of a new 3,000sqm building.
A three story atrium space that houses the main circulation functions is used to make the connection between the existing and new facilities. The space is glazed on the south side, filling the atrium with natural light and providing visual connections to
- The new 3 storey data centre for Fujitsu consists of a ground floor with standby generators, with switchboard rooms and transformers. 1st & 2nd Floors include 1800 squares metres of Data Halls and External Client rooms.
- The building consists of pile foundations, precast concrete external walls and post tensioned suspended floors carrying 20kPa live load.
- External cooling towers are located on the ground.
- The new building is linked to the existing data hall be a 3 storey glass atrium.
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.